This optional course is designed for those interested in taking online courses for professional development and/or becoming more successful online learners. There are no prerequisites for this course and it is entirely optional.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the basic features of the online classroom;
- Recognize the technical preparation needed for learning in an online classroom;
- Learn about the policies and guidelines of this course;
- Learn to get started in Moodle, the learning management system for this course, and log into a Moodle course;
- Experience a Moodle Tutorial via videos;
- Demonstrate the usefulness of online learning tools; and
- Evaluate their own online readiness skills for undertaking an online course experience.
More information about this course:
This is a self-paced course. Feel free to complete the modules at your own speed. Most learners can expect to complete the course content in less than one day working at a slow pace.
You do not have to purchase a textbook or any materials for this course. All readings for this course will be provided within Moodle, either in the modules themselves or as links to reading resources.
- Teacher: Richard Schultz